The perfect daylighting solution for overhead applications, the VSS Solar Powered Skylight features a solar panel that captures available daylight and uses it to recharge a battery powered operator and control system. It brings in abundant natural light and fresh air and installs as easily as a non-opening skylight as no wiring is required. Available as a deck and curb mount.
- The VSS skylight comes with a pre-installed concealed motor and control system. An insect screen, remote control and acoustic rain sensor that automatically closes your skylight during inclement weather are also included.
- With no wiring required, the VSS installs as easily as any non-opening skylight and eliminates the need for a costly electrician visit.
- The solar panel will work on cloudy days and with indirect light. It does not have to be exposed to direct sunlight to function.
- If the Solar Powered "Fresh Air" Skylight is ordered with a factory installed blind, the skylight and blind will arrive pre-programmed to one remote control.
- The VSS skylight installs on roofs with slopes between 14° (3:12) and 85° (137:12).
The VELUX Deck Mounted product family is designated The No Leak Skylight™. Features include:
- Three layers of water protection - The no leak promise
- Advanced LoE3 glass - For increased energy efficiency, higher visible light transmittance, and improved solar heat gain performance
- Pre-finished white frames and sashes - For money saving and aesthetic appeal
- Pre-mounted brackets - For quick installation of sunscreen blinds
- Low roof profile with a curved architectural design
- Neutral grey exterior roof cladding blends with most roof materials
- Integrated gaskets drain condensation to the outside.
The No Leak Skylight carries a warranty of 20 years on glass, 10 years on product and labour, and 5 years on blinds and controls.